Asking for Help


The hardest thing to do, according to moms and single moms everywhere, is asking for help. Alisa pointed out that she already has a long list of things to do and knows that every other mom does too. She doesn't want to add more to someone else's list, so she struggles on her own.

There are two important things to note: 

(1) almost everyone wants to help you and they would be more than happy to do so, and 

(2) many hands make light work. 

When we all work together, what we're doing is more fun and gets done faster. That's the idea behind getting a workout buddy.

One of my favorite moms says, "Sure I'll have your daughter over. I'm a big believer in 'there's safety in numbers.'" It's true that my daughter is nowhere to be found for hours at a time when she has a friend over.

Here's my challenge to you: identify something you need help with, ask for help, and then leave a comment here about what happened and how you felt. (Hint: I think its going to work out great and you'll feel amazing.) Once you get the hang of asking for help, you'll wonder why you ever did it any other way.

Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Are you enjoying the blog? Vote for us ... 

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm excited to have the final book in my hands. Whew!! What a huge accomplishment, Honoree!! I'm glad I got to be a part of your process. It's wonderful to watch your journey.

Alisa said...

Oh, I meant my last comment to show up on the other post. Oh well.

Yes, asking for help. I've definitely gotten a lot better at it. I still have a bit of a challenge, but I do it way more often. It does get easier.