Rich, Skinny, Successful, Happy ... Single Mom? Yes!


For all of the single moms who spend a lot of their time "not feeling it" (and by "it", I mean great, fantastic, fabulous), I wrote a blog about creating a new story. You can read it here.

Well, fast-forward to the present, and what I'm observing is a whole lot of story-telling:


  • I can't date, because there are no good men.
  • I can't get in shape, because there's not enough time.
  • I can't make ends meet, I don't want to neglect my kids by working extra hours or going back to school.
  • I can't start a business, or make on succeed, because that would be self-indulgent.
Ladies, ladies, ladies ... bullshit.


Yes, I call bullshit a lot. That's because I'm living proof that single moms can be rich, skinny, successful and happy ... yes, all while they are single moms.

I think we can all agree that the things that are most important, get addressed, get attention, get done. Here's the best news of all: you don't have to choose from the menu, you can choose the menu!

You want to date? Use the time when you're kids are with their dad, grandparents, or at a playdate.

You want to get your 25-year-old ass back? Eat less and move more. Put the babies in the stroller and go for a walk. Or, take them for a walk with you. Better yet, get a dog because a dog has to go out at least twice a day. While you're on the phone complaining about your woes to your BFF, do squats (or do them while you're blow-drying your hair). Do crunches during the commercials of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or The Good Wife.

Need more education to make more money? Take an online class or enroll in a master's program at your local community college or university. Do your homework while your kids are doing theirs.

Want to make extra money working from there? There are about a zillion ways, here's one of the ways I did (and do) it.

Look, the only thing standing between you and whatever it is that you want is the decision to make it happen. Decide, and you will find a way, make a way, or create a way. You can do it. I absolutely 1000% promise. Now, go do it!

You Might Also Want to Read



The Successful Single Mom is the only book series for single moms written in a positive, can-do voice, from the coaching perspective, by an executive coach who was also a single mom. These books provide that road map for creating the life you want, starting right now, today!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amen sister!

Mother Daughter Show said...

NOW CASTING "Untitled Mother/Daughter Show"

DO YOU AND YOUR MOTHER ACT MORE LIKE BEST FRIENDS THAN MOTHER AND DAUGHTER?  Do people often mistake you and your mother as sisters because you are close in age? If your relationship runs the gamut, from constantly being at each other's throats to being each other's best friend… then we want to hear from you. 
A major production company is currently looking for glamorous affluent mother/daughter duos nationwide. Mother/daughters must be outgoing, ambitious and over-the-top characters who appear to be between 15-20 years apart.  
To apply, please email casting directors at motherdaughtershow@gmail.com. Include the following for both you and your mom: Photo, name, occupation, contact information and a brief description of yourself. If you’re the right fit, someone from our casting office will contact you!


Joy Gichuru said...

Thanks Honoree i needed to hear this...

Honoree Corder said...

Hi Joy!

I'm so glad you heard what you needed to hear!

Have a wonderful day!
Honoree

Tabz said...

very inspiring and thanks for encouraging :)

Honoree Corder said...

Tabz,

Thanks for reading! Cheers to you!

Honoree

Siti Aisah said...

I am very happy to read your article here, very interesting, keep writing and share with us forever!
Thanks, I am a single mom from Indonesia!

Honoree Corder said...

Hello Siti!

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!

Honoree

MotherofMayhem said...

Thanks for the kick in the pants Honoree! It's so true - it all comes down to about priorities! I can tell myself I will never have time to learn to play guitar, rock climb, surf, or write finish that YA fantasy novel - or I can tell myself that if I want it bad enough, I can fit those in. Sure, there's a limit to the amount of time and energy that a working single mom has - but it comes down being more mindful of the choices we make with the time we do have.