Fall In Love With ... You


  

When Momma’s happy, everybody’s happy! Are you happy? Maybe this blog finds you down in the dumps, sad, angry or depressed ... or all of the above. I want you to fall back in love with you. And, I believe that's the secret to personal happiness and success.
It has been said that the most attractive quality in any person is self-confidence. Part of being self-confident is knowing and loving yourself fully, unabashedly, and unapologetically. If you're like most women, you may have lost yourself in your marriage or relationship. If you're like me, you put on weight, revolved your life around your husband and his career, and stopped doing the things you enjoyed before you got married.
Remember this: you are most attractive to others when you are most attractive to yourself. When you can look in the mirror and say, “Damn, I look good today!” you will walk out the door feeling great, and find that others react to you in a positive way.

If you don’t feel that way now (yet), the world is losing out and so are you. The one thing you have in your power is what you are doing to make yourself feel amazing. If you are not emotionally feeling great, it is very easy not to make the effort to look great, but sister-friend, you deserve to look great and feel great, physically and emotionally.
Last week, I was most definitely not feeling great. I was under the weather. I just wanted to wear all black, preferably pajamas, and stay on the couch all day. I put on all black, but threw on a camel jacket and a fun leopard-print hat and went out to a meeting anyway. I got a dozen compliments (ten of them about how much they liked the hat), and by the time I was on my way home, I literally felt so much better. Trust me, I don’t always want to rally, get all gussied up, and face the people; however, I do it anyway, and every single time, I’m glad I did.
Here are just a few things you can do to get started loving yourself:
  • Take the time to put on some under-eye concealer, put rollers in your hair, and add a “pop of color” a la Brad Goreski. When you look good, you feel good (or at least a little better than before), and the extra effort is worth the time that it takes.
  • Get your move on. Exercise may sound overwhelming at this stage of the game, but could you throw junior into a stroller after dinner and go for a spin around the neighborhood? Yes, yes you can! Get your blood pumping, and your spirits will automatically rise.
  • You are what you eat, and your diet contributes to your emotions. Eat clean and you will feel energized. Do I think you should give up chocolate and wine? Nope, but I do think you can pay special attention to how you feel after you eat. Eat more of what makes you happy and feel great, and less of what doesn't.
  • Schedule in a couple of nights each week of good, solid, restful sleep. Resting, recharging and rejuvenating is critical to feeling good, and it's easier to love yourself if you feel amazing. Turn off the TV and go to bed early. Squeeze in a 20-minute nap on your lunch hour. Make rest a priority, it's that important.
  • But if you can't sleep, meditate. Meditation has saved my ass more times than I can count. Twenty minutes can be equal to a couple of hours of sleep, so when I'm up all night with a sick kid and I still need to work the next day {which is every day}, I squeeze in a meditation session or two to keep my sanity.
  • Attitude determines your altitude. I'm not the first person to say it, and I won't be the last. But I may be the first person to tell you to forgive your ex, move on, and get excited about your future. But first, get excited about you, your kids and your life. Have a great attitude about you, and loving yourself is not far behind.
  • All kids and work make single mama a big ole cranky-pants. Time with the girls, a date here and there, and the occasional spa day are all self-confidence builders and contribute to giving yourself the love you need. Pull out your calendar and schedule at least one fun event this month, even if it's just an hour escape to Starbucks to read a book, or Barnes and Noble to check out the latest People Magazine.
Your self-love radiates outward to the world as self-confidence. You owe it to yourself, and the world, to fall madly in love with you.

Single moms, what do you do to build your self-confidence, love yourself, and practice excellent self-care? Leave a comment below about your best practices.

BE SURE TO READ:
Single Mom Support System {The Successful Single Mom}
How to Enjoy Being Single and a Single Mom {The Successful Single Mom}

Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Are you enjoying the blog? Vote for us ... 



The Successful Single Mom is the only book series for single moms written in a positive, can-do voice, from the coaching perspective, by an executive coach who was also a single mom. These books provide that road map for creating the life you want, starting right now, today!



1 comment:

Kelly Smith said...

I play tennis with a co-ed group and it makes me feel better. It boosts my confidence (especially when a guy can't return my serve or a killer volley at the net). It makes me present in the moment. Everything else in life fades away and all that I have to focus on is hitting a bright green fuzzy ball for an hour and a half. No one on court knows my husband, so I am a whole person while I play, not half of what was leftover from my failed marriage.